Welcome to Apache Santuario™
The Apache Santuario™ project is aimed at providing implementation of the primary security standards for XML:
- XML-Signature Syntax and Processing
- XML Encryption Syntax and Processing.
Two libraries are currently available.
- Apache XML Security for Java: This library includes the standard JSR-105 (Java XML Digital Signature) API, a mature DOM-based implementation of both XML Signature and XML Encryption, as well as a more recent StAX-based (streaming) XML Signature and XML Encryption implementation.
- Apache XML Security for C++: This library includes a mature Digital Signature and Encryption implementation using a proprietary C++ API on top of the Xerces-C XML Parser's DOM API. It includes a pluggable cryptographic layer, but support for alternatives to OpenSSL are less complete and less mature.
Version 2.2.3 and 2.1.7 of the Apache XML Security for Java library has been released. Please see the release notes for more information.
These releases contain a fix for a new CVE:
- CVE-2021-40690 - Bypass of the secureValidation property
Please refer to the security advisories page for further information.
Version 2.0.2 of the Apache XML Security for C++ has been released.
This patch corrects a bug that can cause crashes in upstream applications. It is similar to, but not the same as, the one that was patched in V2.0.1, and resulted from further review of the code by the project that contributes all of the current manpower to the project. Appreciation is extended to the Shibboleth Project team for this review.
See here for old news.